(“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our site (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Flowtec Engineering GmbH of Neuer Zollhof 3, 40221 Düsseldorf, Germany.
The Act provides for the regulation of the processing of information relating to individuals who are the subjects of personal data. “Personal data” includes all data, which relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intention of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual. Details of our company registration are available upon request.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal data you give us. You may give us personal information by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise such as information on your right to work, employment history, references, bank details etc. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, submit your CV to us and when you report a problem with our site.
- Sensitive data you give us. We may request from you information which is categorised as sensitive data. This may include but is not limited to details of criminal records, health and medical conditions, and other equal opportunities data such as ethnic origin, details of religious affiliations or trade union memberships.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other sites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to make it (including your CV) available to our employees in connection with the recruitment process unless you request otherwise;
- to determine your suitability for any role or job you may apply for and, if applicable, in determining terms of employment or engagement;
- to include in management information used to monitor recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies;
- if your application is progressed further, to disclose details to third parties (such as educational institutions, present and past employers, our employees and directors, credit reference agencies, etc.) for reasons such as the verification of, or obtaining additional information;
- if required by law or for the purposes of Flowtec Engineering GmbH’s business requirements (e.g. to auditors or third party service suppliers);
- if your application is unsuccessful, we may try to find you employment or work with alternative clients and may, therefore, disclose your details to other prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process (which for these purposes includes the process of gaining employment and any on-going administrative process involved, unless you tell us otherwise);
- to provide you with information about other services and opportunities we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- in respect of sensitive data we collect and process sensitive data only so far as is necessary to ensure we conform with legal requirements, such as equal opportunities laws and for use in determining suitability for the position applied for. Information disclosed to us will not be disclosed to any third party without your express written consent and will be processed in accordance with the Act.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the type of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- prospective employers and/or clients for the purposes of assessing your suitability as part of the recruitment process;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Flowtec Engineering GmbH or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or our, our customers, or others safety.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and is protected using industry standard Encryption Technology.
Your CV and other personal information will be retained on our database for the duration of your assignment and thereafter, whilst we still recruit for positions that are relevant to you.
Should you wish to have your data removed earlier you can exercise your right to do so at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or writing to us at Flowtec Engineering GmbH, Neuer Zollhof 3, 40221 Düsseldorf, Germany.
We may from time to time process your personal data for the purpose of marketing and to provide you with relevant information and reminders on any vacancies or services that you may find useful and are connected to the service that you have requested.
This provision of relevant information complies with the processes laid down in The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations of 2003. Should you not wish to receive such information and reminders from us you are entitled to unsubscribe or contact us on [email protected] and marked for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.